Community Office – Services & Help

When you contact my community office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist. Your confidentiality is respected at all times. To give you a better idea of how we can help, please review the following information.

My Community office can help in many different ways if you are a resident of Port Moody-Coquitlam and need help with matters related to the provincial government. We can:

  • Provide information on locating government services and contact information
  • Assist with understanding and navigating provincial government policies, services and processes
  • Help ensure due process is being followed in government services
  • Attend community events
  • Accept practicum students
  • Provide congratulatory and greeting messages to members of the community
  • Provide paper versions of government documents, legislation discussion papers and other web-based forms for those who don’t have internet access
  • Help to resolve issues you may be having with provincial ministries or agencies. By law, there are some things we cannot help you with. Feel free to ask us if you’re not sure.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:

  • You have or need to retain a lawyer to represent you pertaining to your case;
  • Your matter is pending before the courts.
  • The police are involved. We cannot make inquiries about police investigations. If you have a complaint about police conduct, please direct them to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner.

We are unable to:

  • Offer legal advice or assist with legal action;
  • Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body;
  • Influence processes set up in law to be independent of the Legislature –such as Ombudsman, or Police Complaints Commissioner;
  • Change the time limits for filing appeals;
  • Take on casework that is federal or municipal in nature;
  • Interfere with federal or municipal issues.

Contact Us